A game for one to many players
If you can read this, you are one of us. Different. The blood within your veins is the same blood that drove shamans and sorcerors to treat with fae, demons and spirits. But that power? That ability to trade a promise for strength? That wasn't theirs to give. It was yours. It's still inside of you. Join the Pact, and you can be better, stronger, smarter then you were.
Each member of the Pact must give a Bond, a Token and a Boon. In exchange for their Promise and Token, they may draw upon the Boons of the other members of the Pact.
A promise to do something, or to give something up. It must be a difficult thing. We get nothing from promises to breathe or a offer to refrain from smoking when you've never done it. It must be clear and specific; there should be no doubt whether or not you have broken your Bond.
- Example Bonds
- Giving up smoking.
- Working out every day.
- Speaking a foreign language for 30 minutes every day.
A symbol that serves as the sign that you are committed. An empty promise is worth nothing; the Token is your sign that you will honor your Bond. It should be related to your Bond. Consider it a down payment.
- Example Tokens
- Throw out a pack of cigarettes.
- Work out til exhaustion.
- Write a poem in a foreign language.
You offer an attribute you have to the Pact. It must be an intangible, a quality that you possess and can offer to others.
- Example Boons
How to Play
- Decide on your Bond, Token & Boon.
- Put a brief description of your Bond, Token & Boon in the comments. It may be anonymous.
- Keep your Bond. As long as you keep your Bond you may call upon the Pact to give you power.
- When you want to invoke it, hold the Pact's symbol in your mind. Think about what specific attribute you want from the pact. Be as specific as possible. Think of all of the facets you want. You call specific Boons from other members of the Pact, or call up other attributes. Bad: I want to run this Marathon. Good: "I will have the endurance to keep running, the strength to run quickly, the mental fortitude to ignore pain, the confidence to calm my jitters..."
When you talk with other members of the Pact, ask them if they have kept their bond. If they have, and you have, everything is good in the Pact. If they haven't, then proceed to the Ritual of Castigation. The more public the ritual is, the better.The Ritual of Castigation
- Use your most overwrought spirit voice.
- Announce their weakness for all to see.
- Decry their lack of willpower.
- Deny them the use of the Pact's boon.
- Demand they give a new token to renew their commitment.
Don't go overboard; the purpose of this is silly public humiliation, nothing more.
- Rework the pact symbol.
- Give an example of the Ritual of Castigation.
- Fluff it up a bit